Concrete Form Release,Non-Stick Coating.
DESCRIPTION: FORM-AID is a single-package, coating and sealer which cures to a hard, ceramic film with outstanding abrasion resistance, toughness and flexibility.
FORM-AID is reinforced with HY-TECH Insulating Ceramic Microspheres which aid in heat retention and the hard 60,000 psi "Ceramic Beads" create a Non-Stick surface.
FORM-AID reduces labor costs and will save you money. A typical 2 coat application on a 4' x 8' sheet of plywood costs $16.00 per sheet and will extend the pour cycles of your forming material to 30 pours or more. How many pours per sheet do you get now? How much does it cost in labor and materials to spray or roll outdated polluting oils or wax products? How much are your cleanup costs, FORM-AID produces pours with minimal surface defects.
FORM-AID is recommended for protecting wood and steel concrete forms and floors on trailers, boxcars and hopper cars against weathering and attack from water, oils, chemical and acid solutions.
- Provides a better and cleaner cast when applied on per-stressed and per-cast concrete forms.
- Increases wood form life.
- prevents rust and rustproofs metal forms.
- The insulating ceramics help maintain a stable temperature and to prevent loss of moisture during the curing process.
- Minimizes surface voids
- Leaves no residue on concrete, trouble free paint adhesion
Produces a cleaner cast. The product will not stain or discolor concrete.
- Eliminates concrete sticking and costly damage during stripping.
- Prevents the absorption of destructive alkaline bleed water.
- Cuts stripping time to an absolute minimum.
- Reduces form cleaning and repairing
It has little or no odor and is non-irritating.
- Smoothes out imperfections and levels rough surfaces on plywood forms.
- Positively prevents the accumulation of concrete buildup on form surfaces.
- It is a user-friendly, non-hazardous, non-combustible product.
- Reduces waste and the burden on our landfills.
For use on new wood only. Fill and seal all cracks and joints with a suitable wood filler. Remove all dust, dirt, grease, oils etc. FORM-AID can be applied by brush, roller or spray. If applying by roller be sure and "backroll" to insure there are no voids due to bubbles. Two coats are required, the first coat is diluted using 10% water to allow good penetration. This coat should be allowed to dry tack free (2 to 3 hours approx.) before applying a second, full strength coat.
A nearly full cure is achieved in 24 hours under conditions of normal humidity and a temperature of 70ºF. Hardness will increase over a period of 5 to 7 days when the coating reaches maximum cure.
FORM-AID coverage is effected by the porosity of the various substrates to which it is applied and will vary on the first coat from 250 to 350 square feet per U.S. gallon (3.78 liters). The second coat will vary from 350 to 450 square feet per U.S. gallon.