"Often imitated but Never Duplicated!"
Now you can make Any Paint...
A radiant heat reflecting, insulating, thermal barrier coating.
HY-TECH ceramic insulating paint additive is a fine, white powder blend of high strength ceramic "microspheres". Each single ceramic microsphere is so small that it looks to the naked eye as if it is a single grain of flour, ( slightly thicker than a human hair).
The microspheres in the HY-TECH insulating ceramic additive have compressive strengths up to 6,000 psi, a softening point of about 1800° C., and they are fairly chemical resistant, with low thermal conductivity of 0.1 W / m / Deg.C. The scientific process went one step farther and improved on the ceramic microspheres by removing all the gas inside which created a vacuum. Physics law states that nothing can move by conduction through a vacuum, since it represents an absence of matter. In effect we have a miniature thermos bottle... a microscopic hollow vacuum sphere that resists thermal conductivity and reduces the transfer of sound.
When mixed into paint the painted surface dries to a tightly packed layer of the hard, hollow "microspheres", ( Hy-Tech's exclusive CVM, ceramic vacuum matrix technology.) The tightly packed film reflects and dissipates heat by minimizing the path for the transfer of heat. The ceramics are able to reflect, refract and block heat radiation (loss or gain) and dissipate heat rapidly preventing heat transfer through the coating with as much as 90% of solar infrared rays and 85% of ultra violet-rays being radiated back into the atmosphere.
Hy-Tech insulating additive is completely inert and can be mixed into ANY paint, coating or composite including interior house paint, exterior house paint, roof paint, solvent base coating, epoxy, urethane, high temperature paint, elastomeric, mastics etc. The addition of the ceramics to any material provides improved fire resistance, protection of coated surfaces from harmful UV rays, repulsion of chewing insects and increased durability of the coating due to the hard ceramic finish. Ceramic filled paint is easier to clean and lasts far longer than conventional paint pigments.
Additional Benefits of Hy-Tech Insulating Ceramics.
- Hard ceramics provide longer lasting durability which means you paint less often.
- Exceptional stain and scrub resistance.
- Ceramics are Non-Toxic & Fire Resistant.
- Helps deaden sound.
- Use on Interior or Exterior.
- Environmentally Friendly.
- Reduces heat and cooling loss.
- A hard smooth surface that resists corrosion, abrasion, mold and mildew.
Hy-Tech Insulating Additive, the smart choice.
A great majority of ceramic and glass "microspheres" or "beads" being produced today are for applications ranging from medical, electronic and every day household use each having different chemical and physical properties. Many of these applications require ceramics that will actually INCREASE the transfer of heat.
insulating ceramics are selected for their chemical compatibility with
paints and coatings and their ability to block the transfer of heat.
Hy-Tech insulating ceramics are not a waste by-product of some other
industry nor are they an inexpensive filler as are many of the
insulating paint additives being marketed today. We have seen dark dirty
gray ceramics, thick gritty ceramics, and fragile glass beads intended
for use as inexpensive fillers in plastics all being marketed as "Insulating Additives for Paint".
Don't be fooled by biased "in-house" testing results or "modified" American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) test procedures, ( there are no approved "R value" tests for insulating paints or additives at this time and the ASTM Society does not approve of "modified" test procedures. )
Information on the R-value testing rule can be found at the Government's website:
An example of a FTC complaint against false R-value claims can be viewed at:
FTC regulations and definitions of R-values are located here:
Buy from the company who started it all, ( our researchers began formulating insulating coatings in the early 70's ), a company who specializes in insulating paints and thermal reduction coatings, and the ONLY Insulating Paint Additive
" I went to the Home & Garden show here in St. Louis this past spring. NASA had a booth there and your product was one of many that was on display. I told them I had been interested in purchasing your product, but you can never be sure about all the stuff you see on the internet. They said your product was the real deal and when I was ready to buy, to tell you that NASA sent me.
So, here I am NASA sent me!".
Basic information about ceramics and their usage:
- Ceramics can be mixed into ANY type of paint or coating. They have also been used successfully with powder coatings, stucco, plastics and composites, and many other types of material.
- Two coats are required for best distribution of the small spheres. Additional coats will provide better results.
- The painted surface will have a slight texture due to the spheres. This is a very fine texture and looks like suede. This slight texture is very effective at hiding small defects on the wall surface.
- Sheen levels in paints are reduced slightly due to the texture created. Flat paints are not affected.
- Ceramics are most effective at reflecting heat back to the source. For best results in summer apply to the outside surfaces. For best results in winter apply to the inside surfaces
- The addition of a Radiant Barrier Coatingas a first coat can improve results dramatically.
- The ceramic product will not change the color of your paint. Only in some cases of very dark colors being used, has the shade of paint been lightened slightly. If this happens you simply apply a top coat of the dark color with no ceramics added.
- Ceramics will last indefinitely if stored in a dry environment.