Rust inhibiting metal primer.
#18 Metal-Prime is a revolutionary new generation acrylic primer designed to protect metals from rusting during storage or erection and for general maintenance to prevent the spreading of existing rust.
Metal-Prime: has excellent adhesion to most any metal surface plus provides excellent waterproofing and chemical resistance.
Metal-Prime is an excellent replacement for the old red lead and zinc chromate primers in both new construction, renovations, industrial, commercial and residential applications. Use on structural steel, metal tanks, railings, equipment, ships, containers, or anywhere durability and rust inhibition is required.
- Excellent Adhesion to most any metal surface.
- Rust and Corrosion Resistant
- Encapsulates and Retards Active Rust
- Non-Toxic and Free of heavy metals
- Easy soap and water cleanup
- Waterproofs and Resists Flash Rusting
- Stir well before using, if thinning is necessary use water sparingly not to exceed 4 oz per gallon.
- Thin only the amount that will be used within 24 hours or settling of pigments may occur.
- Do not apply when overnight freeze, rain or dew is forecast. NOTE: During Conditions of high humidity or moist air, allow for a much longer cure time.
- Warm air, moving over the substrate, will promote drying and improve cure time when less than optimum application conditions exist.
- When applying this coating by roller application, extra attention to detail is necessary to avoid pinholes.
- Apply by brush, roller or spray. Allow to dry 2 hours before applying the finish coating.
- Cleanup: Clean all spills and tools immediately after use while coating is still wet with warm soapy water.
- Finish: Off-White Flat.
- Volume Solids: 38%.
- Spread Rate: Theoretical coverage is 305 square feet per gallon at two mils dry.
- Dry to Touch: 30 minutes.
- Re coat: 2 Hours.