Aqua Prime #15
Latex Metal Primer - DTM
Aqua Prime is a quality, 100% acrylic DTM, (direct to metal) water-based primer which offers excellent adhesion and fast dry and cure time. It may be used in areas where solvent fumes are a problem or where ecological concerns dictate. May be top coated with conventional alkyd, oil based and latex paints. It also may be used as a bonding coat over zinc rich primers. Provides protection from rust bleed and flash rust. An excellent choice for galvanized and aluminum metal. For surfaces that require additional insulation such as steel storage tanks, up to 32 oz per gallon of Hy-Tech Insulating Paint Additive may be added.
- Ferrous or galvanized metal.
- Storage Tanks, Machinery.
- Metal Railings and Trim.
- Structural Steel.
- Metal Doors.
- Pre-engineered metal building parts and other metal that is exposed to a normal commercial or residential environment.
- Not intended for immersion service.
- The surface to be coated must be clean and free of dust, grease, oil, rust, mill scale and other surface contaminates that could interfere with adhesion.
- Grease and oil should be cleaned, Rust and mill scale must be removed by aggregate blasting, hand sanding vigorously or by conscientious power tool cleaning. Alternate surface preparation methods suitable for exposure and service may be substituted.
- Stir thoroughly, Aqua Prime may be applied by brush, roller or spray at a rate of up to 300 square feet per gallon.
- Surface texture, porosity and application method will effect actual yield. For thinning, use clean water sparingly to achieve desired consistency.
- Apply between 50'F and 90'F. only. COLOR: Off White. Tinting should be avoided.
- FINISH: Smooth Flat
- VEHICLE TYPE: 100% Acrylic
- DRY TIME (@ 77°F and 50% rel. humidity):
- To Touch: 1 hours
- To Recoat: 6-8 hours MIN/MAX TEMP @ APPLICATION: 50°F min / 95°F max
- SOLIDS CONTENT:
- By Weight: 61.5% (±1)
- By Volume: 47.98% (±1)
- FLASH POINT: 150° F
- styRECOMMENDED APPLICATION EQUIPMENT: Airless - tip size .015 - .017 - Roller Synthetic 3/8" nap -Quality synthetic brush.
Clean brushes, rollers, and spray equipment immediately after use with warm, soapy water. CAUTION: Keep from freezing. FORMULATED WITHOUT LEAD OR MERCURY