Acousti-Coat #150 Sound Reduction Paint Coating.
Acousti-Coat is a heavy bodied, water based flat latex paint formulated with hollow ceramic microspheres, sound absorbing fillers and resins.
Acousti-Coat is for use on interior surfaces including ceilings and walls, plaster, primed metal and wood. The combination of a high loading of the Ceramic Microspheres with their vacuum centers and the absorbent pigment fillers reduces sound transmission and reflection by up to 30%. Echo within the room is reduced dramatically.
This product is an easy to apply surface coating and an inexpensive solution for reducing sound transmission. Acousti-Coat is the ideal paint for interior ceilings, the very high concentration of insulating ceramics and other pigments adds a high reflective heat barrier to the painted surface. The small texture also helps in hiding surface defects such as drywall joints, dings and dents. Acousti-Coat can be tinted to light pastel colors at your local paint store.
NOTE:Acousti-Coat is far more effective then using our insulating additive in your own paint as it contains not only Hy-Tech Insulating ceramics but additional sound deadening pigments in a special sound reducing resin. See Acousti-Coat FAQ's
- Excellent insulating and sound dampening characteristics.
- Fast drying.
- Dampens ringing and tinning noise in metal structures.
- Environmentally friendly.
- Soap and Water Cleanup.
- Able to be painted over.
- Non toxic.
- Application: Apply by Brush, Roller or Spray with hopper spray gun.
- Areas to be covered must be thoroughly cleaned and dried before applying.
- Acoustic-Coat Manual Applicators.
- For best results apply two thin layers, allowing to dry between coats.
- Roller Applicators: At least a 3/4" nap and up to a 1-3/4" nap is recommended.
- Coverage: Appx 100-150 sq feet per gallon